1) This was never about the aid to the poor Palestinians
Hamas stops flotilla aid delivered by Israel
Israel has attempted to deliver humanitarian aid from an international flotilla to Gaza, but Hamas -- which controls the territory -- has refused to accept the cargo, the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday.
Palestinian sources confirmed that trucks that arrived from Israel at the Rafah terminal at the Israel-Gaza border were barred from delivering the aid.
Ra'ed Fatooh, in charge of the crossings, and Jamal Khudari, head of a committee against the Gaza blockade, said Israel must release all flotilla detainees and that it will be accepted in the territory only by the Free Gaza Movement people who organized the flotilla.
2) This is a premeditated media stunt
This was reported on 6 May 2010
Turks Help Hamas Welcome Anti-Israel Ships
Pro-PLO organizations in Europe that have aligned themselves with Hamas are planning a flotilla of aid to the Gaza Strip. The coordinators of what some call the “ship intifada” want to avoid confrontation with Egypt, but appear to be seeking a confrontation with the Israeli navy, backed by media and diplomatic campaigns.
This past January, a senior Hamas operative in Britain named Muhammad Sawalha, who was involved in launching the previous flotilla, said the next convoy will avoid the type of confrontation that occurred the previous time with Egypt, and that next time, “the confrontation will be directly with the Zionist enemy itself on the high seas.”
3) The funders of this are by a recognised terrorist group
The Terror Finance Flotilla
4) These were NOT "peaceful protesters". They were looking for a fight
5) Israel acted within their rights even in international waters
From the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea:
67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:
(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;
118. In exercising their legal rights in an international armed conflict at sea, belligerent warships and military aircraft have a right to visit and search merchant vessels outside neutral waters where there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that they are subject to capture.
146. Neutral merchant vessels are subject to capture outside neutral waters if they are engaged in any of the activities referred to in paragraph 67
Israel had the right under international law to search that vessel which had publicly stated its intent to run the blockade and refused to stop. The fact that it was in international waters is irrelevant. They had the right to defend themselves when the blockade runners chose to actively resist the inspection with violence.
After Pallywood incidents like the Al Dura incident, the Jenin and Gaza wars reporting, is it any wonder that I don't really believe any of the bullshit from the Muslim and liberal media? (If you haven't heard about any of the above, search the labels of this blog for more info)